Q: Is the medical degree, awarded by the Kabardino-Balkarian State University, recognized in India?

A: Yes, the medical degree, awarded by the Kabardino-Balkarian State University, is recognized in India. As per the year 2002 amendment of the Medical Council of India Act, any foreign medical degree (equivalent to MBBS in India) from any foreign medical institution, whose name and the degree awarded are enlisted in the World Directory of Medical Schools, published by the World Health Organization (WHO) is a recognized medical degree. The Kabardino-Balkarian State University and degree awarded by it are enlisted in the World Directory Of Medical Schools, published by the World Health Organization and thus is recognized by the Medical Council of India.

Q: Please, give me details of the Medical Council of India Act. Do I have right to register and privilege to practice medicine in India as per MCI Act?

A: All Indian citizens, possessing a primary medical qualification, awarded by any medical institution outside India, who are desirous to get Provisional or Permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after the 15th of March, 2002 shall have to qualify a Screening Test which will be conducted by the National Board of Examinations, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Act, 1956 (as amended) and the Screening Test Regulations, 2002, which has been notified in Part III Section 4 of the Gazette of India Extra-ordinary issue dated the 18th of February, 2002. The Screening Test will be conducted twice a year as per the Schedule of Examination to be announced by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. There shall be three papers of Multiple-choice questions in pre-clinical, Para-clinical and clinical medicine and its allied subjects including Obstetrics & Gynecology. The language of the Test shall be English. The test for each paper will be of three hours duration. A candidate has to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in each paper separately for passing the Screening Test. No candidate shall be allowed to appear for the Screening Test unless he/she is a citizen of India and posses any primary medical qualification, either whose name and the institution awarding it is included in the World Directory of Medical Schools, published by the World Health Organization; or which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated. Once the candidate passes the Screening Test and completes the requisite internship, he is entitled for registration with the Medical Council of India with the consequent right of medical practice in India. The Kabardino-Balkarian State University is included in the World Directory Of Medical Schools, published by the World Health Organization and award degree, which is a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution, awarding the said qualification, is situated and thus is recognized by the Medical Council of India as per the MCI act stated above. For more details you can check the official website of the Medical Council of India: www.mciindia.org

Q: What are the minimum requirements for admission to the Kabardino-Balkarian State University?

A: As per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations, 1997, of the Medical Council of India, the minimum qualification for Indian students for admission to any Foreign Medical Institutions is as follows:
1. He/she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before the 31st of December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
2. He/she must have passed in 10+2 or equivalent examination in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination as mentioned in clause (2) of regulation 4.
3. The candidate must qualify NEET examination.

Q: Do I have to undergo a one-year Russian Language Course even when I will be studying in English Medium?

A: No, you do not have to undergo the one-year Russian Language Course. You are taught in English, but as you know that during Medical education you have to interact with local patients and so you must know the local language. That is why you are given the Russian language classes as a subject during first, second and third year. The knowledge of Russian also helps you in your daily life. This goes the same way if any Punjabi doctor wants to work in Gujarat, where a patient from rural area only knows Gujarati and cannot explain his problem to this Punjabi doctor. Here the fluency of English, Punjabi and Hindi will not help the poor Punjabi doctor - he must learn Gujarati.

Q: Shall I join any course in Russian Language offered here in India?

A: Yes, you can join it, but do not expect very good results from it.

Q: I did my schooling not from English medium, shall I join any crash course in the English language here in India before Departing for Russia?

A: Yes, that would be a great idea, as poor knowledge of English could create an obstacle in understanding the material taught by teachers. If you do not join any such course then, you will face some problems for the first three - four months.

Q: While studying in Kabardino-Balkarian State University, if for any reason I wish to change the medical university, will I get permission?

A: Yes, but before getting a transfer certificate you will have to pay full tuition fee of remaining years of your studies in Kabardino-Balkarian State University.

Q: What type of climate is in Nalchik?

A: There are 4 seasons in European part of Russia. Spring (March to May), summer (June to August), autumn (September to November) and winter (December to February). Climate of Nalchik is temperate continental with cool summer and mild winter. Temperature in summer is up to +30 and in winter about -10 degrees centigrade.

Q: How are we protected from -10 degrees in winters?

A: All buildings in Russia, including the University and the Hostel buildings, public transports and shops etc. are centrally heated. Government takes care of heating system. Students are well advised by Cosmos Educational Consultants how to wear and keep warm.

Q: How do I travel to India from Russia?

A: There are many airlines operating on rout from Russia to different cities of India. Our team helps in purchasing air tickets with student concession.

Q: What is the public transport like in Nalchik?

A: Public transport is very well organized in Nalchik. However, students not so frequently need the public transport as they are living in the campus and everything is available in or near the campus.

Q: Where will I live?

A: You will live in a student's hostel especially for Indian students. This is the hostel specially renovated on request and guidelines of Dr. Sanjay Gaur, who knows the cultural, educational and residential requirements of an Indian student studying in Russia. The rules and regulations for residing in this hostel are very strict, again from the cultural system in any Indian family. (Please read 'Rules and regulations for residing in the hostel'.) The system of residence is separate for boys and girls, 2,3 or 4 seated big rooms, upgraded comforts, central heating, full furniture with beddings, shower room, toilet, washbasin room, everyday cleaning of rooms, security guards, reception, cleaning and washing personnel, 24 hour medical center, well equipped Gymnasiums with hi-tech machines with personal trainers. One office complex of Dr. Sanjay Gaur is situated in this hostel to facilitate all services to students, so that students do not have to waste their valuable time in various daily life problems. Here all documentation and any problem related with administration, studies, residence or daily life will be taken care of.

Q: If I do not like to live in the hostel, can I live in some rented flat or somewhere else?

A: No, if you got admission to the Kabardino-Balkarian State University, then you have to live in the hostel provided. This is for your well being only. When living in the hostel, you are inside the campus, your classes are nearby, you are safe, in the hostel there is a studious environment, students live in more disciplined manner, there is a strictly controlled system keeping a watch on students.

Q: How am I going to get my cloths washed?

A: You are provided with a laundry in the hostel, where the laundry staff will wash your cloths and iron them. You just have to bring your cloths to the laundry, hand over to laundry staff, get a plastic token and after two days collect them from the laundry. Of course, there is a nominal charge for this service.

Q: What sports facilities are available in the university?

A: There is a large gamma of sport facilities for sport enthusiasts. There is a Cricket ground, where Indian students enjoy playing cricket. All sport facilities, including Tennis, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey, Badminton, Table tennis, etc are available. There is a swimming pool with sauna bath in the campus. Frequent sports tournaments are organized, where Indian students participate enthusiastically.

Q: Do I have to clean my toilet and shower room myself?

A: No, a cleaning woman will come daily and clean your toilet, washbasin room and shower room.

Q: Will I face ragging there?

A: No, there is no such thing as ragging in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University. On contrary, senior students are going to help fresher students in starting their lives in Russia. Senior students understand very well, that a new student is facing changes like cultural change, climatic change; language is different, home sickness etc. Senior students themselves went through this process. Yet again ragging is strictly prohibited and if any senior student will do take ragging, then he will be expelled out of the university immediately.

Q: Where will I eat?

A: You have four options for your dining:
Option 1: You can dine in an Indian Mess. The Indian Mess is operating, where 3 Indian cooks are working. Mess is operating on two systems: Indian Pure Vegetarian and Indian Non-Vegetarian. Food is served two times a day i.e. Lunch and Dinner. High standards of Taste, Quality and Hygiene are maintained here. The timetable of the mess is adjusted in accordance with the educational timetable of the students.
Option 2: You can dine in low price cafeterias of the University. These cafeterias serve Russian food.
Option 3: There are many Cafes and Restaurants in Smolensk. You can dine in any of them.
Option 4: You can cook your own meals in the common kitchen that is provided on every floor. The kitchen has gas-cooking ranges, sinks and tables, but you will need your own utensils. You can purchase grocery in shops, which are situated in and around the campus.

Q: What is the cost of living in Nalchik for a Student?

A: The cost of living in Russia for an Indian student varies from city to city. The average cost of living (excluding food) in Nalchik, as it has been observed by Us after a long experience, is 50 USA Dollars per month but this may vary depending upon lifestyle of an individual.

Q: Can I do any part time job?

A: No, you will be in Russia on a student visa and so you are not allowed to take an employment. Any person seeking a job must have work permit. Further more you will be a medical student and a medical student does not have that much of free time to take an employment.

Q: Can a foreign student open a bank account?

A: Yes, a foreign student can open a bank account.

Q: If I get ill in Russia, who will take care of me?

A: First of all, a medical centre is working in the campus itself. A nurse is on duty 24 hours a day. A doctor is on duty every evening for 5 hours. Treatment in this medical centre is free of cost. If the nurse on duty decides that the student should be referred to any hospital of the city, then she calls an ambulance. Every student should have compulsory medical insurance, which covers almost all bills of treatment.

Q: If I need money in Russia, how my parents can send me money?

A: The best way to transfer the money is to use international ATM/debit cards. For this purpose a student should open a bank account in India in a bank that is offering international ATM / debit card. Then, whenever he needs money, his parents will just deposit the required amount in this account and the student will withdraw the amount from any ATM machine of any Russian bank. Of course, rules and regulations of the banks will apply. For more details please contact your bank.

Q: Can my parents visit me?

A: Yes, your parents are most welcome to visit you and the university. We even have a guest room in the hostel, where they can stay free of cost and if you are eating in the Indian mess, then your parents can dine with you free of cost during their stay. For details how they can get visa and for arrangement of their journey please contact our office.

Q: When are my vacations? Can I visit India during my vacations?

A: Winter vacations are only 15 days in January, or February, but summer vacations are two months (July and August). You are advised to visit India during your summer vacation. Group journeys are organized for students to India helping them to acquire student's concession air tickets.

Q: Is the hostel open during these vacations? Do I have to leave the hostel during the vacation?

A: Yes, the hostel is open during vacations. No, you do not have to leave the hostel. You can stay at the hostel.

Q: What I have to do at Airports during my first departure from India and arrival at Moscow?

A: Departure from Indira Gandhi International Airport New Delhi:
• Find the check-in counter of your airline and go to the airline check-in counter. Get in the queue in front of the counter for your class of the ticket. When your turn comes, put your suitcase on the belt and give your air ticket. Get your boarding card and air ticket. On boarding card there is following information: Your name, flight number, gate number and seat number.
• Fill in the immigration form, which is available on the boarding counter.
• Proceed for the immigration counter and get in the queue for the Indians.
• When your turn comes, hand over your passport, Boarding card and filled up immigration form. Immigration officer will stamp the passport and the boarding card and will return these things.
• The next step is for security check. Get yourself and your hand bag security checked.
• Go in the waiting hall and wait till there is an announcement about your flight passengers to board the plane. Then proceed to the gate number for your flight, go to the plane through the tunnel, get in the plane and go to your seat, number of which is on your boarding card. Air hostess will help you in finding your seat. B: Arrival at the Russia Airport:
• On arrival at the airport, proceed to the immigration check with all passengers and get in the queue for foreigners, fill up the migration card available at the counters. When your turn comes, give your passport and filled up migration card. If immigration officer asks, then give him a copy of the invitation letter from the institute. He will stamp the passport and migration card and will return you these things.
• Go to the luggage belts and find the belt with your flight number on it and wait for your suitcase and collect it.
• Proceed for the custom counter and put your luggage for custom check.
• Get out where a representative of our company is waiting for you.

The Rules and Regulations for Residing in the Hostels of the Kabardino-Balkarian State University
The following rules and regulations for residing in the hostel (herein after hostel) of the Kabardino-Balkarian State University (here and after KBSU) the following rules and regulations for residing in the hostel of KBSU are made for all foreign students who took admission through CEC.
1. Those students, who took admission through TM, must live in the hostel provided by KBSU.
2. The right to live in the above said hostel is given to the foreign students, who took admission through TM.
3. KBSU administration has right to shift a student to any other room as per its own decision.
4. KBSU representatives have right to check-up the rooms and other premises to keep up the discipline.
5. All things that are allotted to the student for his room and for his personal use are allotted on the student's responsibility and the student has to sign an abiding note about it.
6. Male students are placed in the male-blocks.
7. Female students are placed in the female-blocks.
8. In case of married students, where both husband and wife are students of KBSU and both had taken admission through TM, then they can be allotted a two seated room on condition that they provide a legal marriage certificate.
9. Anyone, who is not a resident of the hostel, will be allowed to enter the hostel only with the permission of the hostel administration. Entering the hostel, a visitor should submit his passport or any other identity document for registering in the visitor's book. Those, who invite the visitors, are responsible for their leaving in time and keeping the rules of the hostel regulations by the visitors. A visitor if he has arrived from any other city may stay at night in the hostel with the permission of the hostel administration only.
10. If a student is expelled (debarred) from KBSU or has graduated from KBSU, he should vacate his room within 7 days of issuing of the order.
11. Any cultural or mass activity can be held in the hostel with the permission of the hostel administration only.
12. Birthday parties can be held with the permission of the the hostel administration but on Saturdays only.

1. The students, who took admission through TM, have right to live in the hostel on condition of obeying these rules.
2. Those, who live in the hostel, have right to use things for individual and general use belonging to the hostel with the permission of the hostel administration.
3. Those, who live in the hostel, have right to demand repairing or replacement of the equipment, furniture, beddings or other hostel belongings.

1. Submit the key to the room to the Warden of the Hostel if a student goes out of town for more than 10 days. The Warden of the Hostel is responsible for the safe keeping of the student's things;
2. get aquatinted with the rules of the hostel regulations;
3. get aquatinted with the rules of vacating the hostel;
4. take the instructions regarding how to use the electrical equipment, video and audio equipment;
5. take the instructions regarding fire safety;
6. keep the rules of the hostel regulations, safety arrangements and fire safety;
7. treat the hostel's property carefully;
8. in case any damage is done to the hostel by the student, then student has to compensate for the damage done;
9. not waste electricity, gas and water;
10. inform the Warden of the hostel of all the problems regarding water-supply, energy supply and heating system immediately;
11. Be in the hostel not later than at 8 p.m. If a student wants to leave the hostel after 8p.m. whatever the reason may be, he must get the SSMU administration's permission;
12. keep the rooms clean and tidy, clean the rooms everyday;
13. if the lock in the room is replaced, one key should be given to the Warden of the Hostel;
14. If a student leaves the hostel for holidays or due to any other reason, the student must get the hostel administration's permission not later than 2 days before;
15. If a student vacates the hostel due to any reason, he must return given things to the Warden of the hostel;

1. smoke or keep cigarettes and tobacco items;
2. consume alcoholic drinks or keep them;
3. consume drugs, keep and distribute it;
4. fight with one another;
5. steal;
6. change his room without permission;
7. carry the things from one room to another without permission;
8. misuse the room;
9. let anyone stay in his room, who is not permitted to live in that room;
10. change or repair the electricity wiring;
11. use microwaves ovens, room heaters etc. as per fire safety;
12. leave the garbage near the doors of the rooms, on stairs and in passages;
13. sing, make noise or use the radio and TV sets with the volume exceeding the limits of his room, before 11 p.m.;
14. sing, make noise or use the radio and TV sets after 11 p.m.;
15. stick advertisements, time-tables, pictures on the walls and places for general use without prior permission of the hostel administration;
16. hang out advertisements in foreign languages without officially attested translation and without prior permission of the hostel administration;
17. boys be in girls blocks;
18. girls be in boys blocks after 8 p.m.;
19. give a key to a room to strangers or visitors without official permission of TM and Administration of the Hostel;
20. Keep domestic animals in the room.